24 April 2009

Catchup

I have spent far more time in the last few days making this Blog look better than I have in the last two months writing for it. Since My last entry I have not only been made an Entered apprentice, but I have also given back my memory work or "proven up on it" as my cousin in Oklahoma says. I have also been passed to the degree of Fellowcraft in the fraternity and since given back my work for that degree. I am set to have the third degree conferred upon me on the 22nd of May.
I am excited to continue in the work but am even more motivated by the bond that I have felt with the good men of my lodge. I have formed friendships and associations that are enjoyable and stimulating. I have visited another lodge during this process and have discovered old friends that are members of this brotherhood. One, I went to high school with and even saw at the store two weeks before visiting his lodge for the inspection and then while I was there, I ran into two gentlemen my mother was acquainted with in my youth. It was all fascinating to me and resonated of the bond of brotherhood. I have built and strengthened a friendship with My friend Ken who signed my petition and has been working with me to learn the work. And foremost, I have reestablished a relationship with a cousin who is many years my senior and all the way in Oklahoma. He has honored me and my family with the Bible upon which he received his degrees and has strengthened me with his encouragement which is what he has always done.
I am so glad to be a part of this fraternity. I read all kinds of blogs and consume as many opinions and as much information on the subject as i am capable of doing. I look forward to the possibilities of meeting more and more of my brothers as I travel about from lodge to lodge and from page to page.

No comments:

Post a Comment