22 May 2009

Tonight is the night

Tonight I am going to the lodge to recieve the Third Degree and be raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason. I am not as excited as I thought I would be. That is not to say that I am not looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong. I thought I would not have been able to sleep last night but, I did. Very well I might add. It is kind of one of those things that a few months ago seemed like it would take forever to get here. Now that it is here, i am not sure where the time went. I guess I am pumped, just not the way I thought I would be. It is a sort of "a more dignified pumped".
I surely will be thinking of my cousin John this evening. He is not able to be there but he will be there in spirit, his grandson is graduating form West Point. He was my first exposure to the Craft. I will be giving my work back two weeks from tonight. This is the night we go dark for the summer. The pressure is begining to come on. I am sure I will do well but it will require a good deal of cramming.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats brother!
    You are now entitled to the rights and benefits of those who have gone before!
    Way to avoid the one day class!
    Triple Fraternal Hugs
    Bro TBC
    Halcyon #2, Senoir Deacon
    GOUSA
    PM of Rocky River #703 GLoO

    ReplyDelete